Candied pecans are the perfect combination of salty, sweet, crunchy, and nutty. Deliciously coated using just 6 ingredients, these pecans are baked until toasted and ready to be used in all kinds of ways!
These scrumptious candied pecans are the perfect grab-n-go snack. They’re highly nutritious (yes, even with the sugar!) and are a source of protein so they’ll keep you full for longer!
You can also use them as a wonderful addition to a charcuterie board when hosting a gathering. This recipe yields a lot, which is great to be able to use portions for different things. They are great for topping salads, chopped in brownies, and of course, I use them in my Carrot Cake Roll with Cream Cheese Frosting and Chocolate Chip Cookies.
They’re super simple to make and come together in minutes. It takes about an hour of bake time, but it’s definitely worth the wait! I highly recommend keeping some of these on hand to add texture and flavour to your baking.
Depending on what you want them for you can get creative with sweet, salty, savory, and spicy options. Cayenne pepper and paprika would be great as well, especially for snacking! I like to keep them simple when I add them to other things, but you do you!
How to Make Homemade Candied Pecans
Start by placing the sugar, cinnamon, salt, water, and egg white into a large bowl stirring to fully combine. Next, add in the pecan halves and stir, making sure to completely coat all the pecans.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat, and preheat your oven. Pour the coated pecans onto the prepared tray and spread into an even layer. Place the pecans into the oven and bake for 1 hour, making sure to set a timer to stir the pecans every 15 minutes.
After the pecans have baked for an hour remove them from the oven and allow too cool for about 15 minutes before using them.
How to Store Sugar Coated Pecans
Candied pecans will stay fresh in an air tight container for about 1 week. To keep them fresh longer, place in the refrigerator for 4 weeks.
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup water
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and line a cookie tray with parchment, or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl add water, egg white, cinnamon, salt, and sugar stirring to fully combine.
- Add the 4 cups of pecans into the egg/sugar mixture and stir. Making sure to fully and evenly coat all the pecans.
- Pour the pecans onto the prepared baking tray and spread into an even layer. Place the tray into the oven and bake for 60 minutes, flipping the pecans every 15 minutes to evenly bake.
- After an hour remove the pecans from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before using, or storing.
- Store in air tight container at room temperature for 1 week, or in the refridgerator for up to 4 weeks.