These Chocolate Drizzled Brownie Cookies are rich, decadent, and chewy brownie-like cookies that are the perfect addition to a holiday baking tray. They tend to be devoured in minutes and are always a crowd-pleaser especially among chocolate lovers!
How to Make the Best Brownie Cookies
This is a step by step foolproof recipe to making them. Simply start by melting the butter and unsweetened chocolate in the microwave then set aside to cool. In the bowl of a stand mixer add eggs and sugar, whip on medium high until light in colour and frothy.
Now with the mixer on low slowly pour the melted chocolate and butter into the eggs and sugar. Mix until fully combined. Next, add the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder to the bowl and mix on medium until fully incorporated.
Once the ingredients are well combined add in chocolate chips and then stir to evenly distribute through the batter. Then cover and chill for about 2 hours to make the dough easier to handle. It will still be sticky.
After chilling is complete prep a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray. Preheat the oven and drop the batter by tablespoonfuls about 2” apart on to the prepared cookie tray. They will spread a lot so don’t put close together.
Place the tray into the preheated oven until the edges are set and the tops are slightly cracked. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the tray before removing.
Once cookies have completely cooled mix the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips with shortening and melt in the microwave. Drizzle the chocolate over each cookie using a spoon or piping bag. Once chocolate sets, about 30 minutes, cookies are ready to serve.
How to Store Them
These are great make ahead cookies because they will keep in an airtight container for about a week. If you’re lucky, you’ll have enough to have one everyday throughout the week!
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups ap flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tsp. shortening
- In the microwave melt the chocolate and butter then set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer add the eggs and sugar then mix with paddle attachment on medium high until light and frothy.
- Slowly pour in the melted butter/chocolate then mix again on medium high until its completely combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and mix on medium low until all ingredients are fully incorporated. Then stir in 1.5 cups of the chocolate chips, reserving 1/2 cup for the drizzle.
- Once the dough is made it needs to chill in the fridge, covered, for about 2 hours.
- When ready preheat oven to 350 and line cookie trays with parchment, or lightly grease. Then drop by tablespoonfuls about 2″ apart onto the prepared cookie trays.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 7-9 minutes, or until edges are set and the tops are crinkled.
- Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool completely on the tray before moving to wired rack for drizzling.
- To make the drizzle combine the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and shortening then microwave until melted, stirring to combine.
- Use a spoon or piping bag to drizzle the chocolate over the tops of each cookie. Let the drizzle set for thirty minutes then serve.