These chewy coconut raspberry cookies have a tender crumble with a yummy raspberry jelly centre. They are totally customizable whether you make them with homemade Seedless Raspberry Jelly or store-bought or whether you swap out the raspberry jelly for whatever filling is your favorite. These melt in your mouth cookies will be devoured in minutes!
How to Make Coconut Raspberry Cookies
To make the cookies, start by lining cookie trays with parchment paper and preheat the oven. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix on high until light and fluffy. Then add the egg, milk, and extracts and begin mixing again to combine.
Next, add the dry ingredients and mix on medium until it’s fully incorporated. Then remove the bowl from the stand mixer and add the shredded coconut. Use a spatula to stir the coconut into the cookie dough.
Now that the cookie dough is ready remove 2/3 of a cup and reserve to top each cookie. Take the remaining cookie dough and roll into 1” balls and place on the prepared cookie tray. I find this dough a little sticky to work with so I like to spray my hands with a little water to make them easier to roll and work with. Once all the cookies are rolled use your finger, or a straw, to make a deep indentation in each cookie ball. Be sure not to break through the bottom.
Fill each indent with about 1/2 tsp of raspberry jelly using a teaspoon, or piping bag. Once each cookie is filled take about 1 tsp of the reserved cookie dough and place over the top covering the jelly. With damp hands roll the cookies to return to a ball shape.
Now you can place the prepared cookies into the preheated oven and bake until the edges are lightly golden. Remove from the oven and let cool on tray for a few minutes before removing to a wired rack to cool. These cookies also freeze well so they can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container for another day.
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups ap flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jelly
- Line cookie trays with parchment and preheat the oven to 37.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix on high until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla and almond extracts then mix again on high until fully combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda then mix on medium until just combined. Then add the coconut and stir in with spatula to fully incorporate.
- Set aside 2/3 cups of the dough. Roll the remaining dough into 1″ balls and place on prepared cookie tray.
- Then use a straw, or your finger to make and deep indent into the centre of the ball without breaking through the bottom.
- Fill each indent with the raspberry jelly, about 1/2 tsp. Once all cookies are rolled and filled take the remaining cookie dough, using about 1 tsp per cookie, and cover to seal the jam inside each cookie.
- Reshape each cookie into a ball, once the cookies are ready place the tray into the preheated oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes.