This Hot Fudge Sauce is thick, rich, and creamy making it perfect for over ice cream or for dipping fruit. Keep it stocked in the fridge for a simple treat, or to elevate your ice cream sundaes. Jazz up any dessert to please your crowd. Licking the spoon is optional!
How to Make Hot Fudge Sauce
Add the sugar, cocoa powder, heavy cream, butter, vanilla, and salt to a saucepan whisking well to combine. Place the pan over medium heat, making sure to stir often with a whisk.
After about five minutes the mixture will start to melt, keep whisking and heat until it reaches a boil and all the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and serve.
Leftovers can be stored in a mason jar, or other air tight container, for about 10 days.
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Place all the ingredients into a large saucepan and stir to combine somewhat.
- Place the pan over medium high heat and cook, while stirring often, until the mixture is bubbling and the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and serve sauce as desired, or place in an air tight container and refrigerate until needed. This sauce can easily be quickly warmed back up in the microwave.